The Mystery Quilt 2020 consists of nine garter based squares designed to look like traditional quilt squares.
Techniques include basic knitting and purling, increases and decreases, short rows, miters, intarsia, and modular knitting. Squares are created with as much continuous knitting and minimal seaming as possible using additional techniques of picking up and unique
This project was originally presented as a month-by-month mystery project for Yarnability, LLC, with one square per month. Borders can be worked as you go.
Approximately 66” x 66”. Each square is 16” and borders are about 3” deep.
• Prairie Spun DK by Brown Sheep Company, 100% wool, 256 yards / 280 meters (4 colors plus 1 border color.) Color suggestions pictured below.
• Quantity is dependent on how colors are used, but estimate three hanks each of Colors 1-4 and five hanks of border color.
• US 5/ 3.75 mm or size to obtain gauge. To determine needle size, work a swatch to determine best fabric. We suggest working the middle square of Square 1 as a gauge swatch.
• A relaxed, but not loose, fabric is desired. Once needle size is determined, this will remain the needle size worked throughout.
• Variations will be in cable length. For some squares, straight needles or two double pointed needles can be used when a small number of stitches are being worked.
Gauge: 5 sts/inch or 20 sts/4” and 5 rows/inch or 20 rows/4”
Supplies: stitch markers, tapestry needle, scissors, stitch holders
Pattern: To purchase a digital copy of the pattern for $20, buy online here, or contact Yarnability at firstname.lastname@example.org, 304.876.8081. You will received your digital copy in your email within 48 hours. Pattern purchases are final, not returnable.