Overlay mosaic crochet is a FANTASTIC technique to add to your repertoire of skills!
Join me in welcoming Julie Johnson, guest instructor and crochet aficionado! Enjoy this 5-hour workshop to learn the basics of overlay mosaic crochet, all using single and double crochet stitches. Using a portion of the Sholach Mosaic Christmas Trees afghan pattern, you will start and finish a smaller version of the tree chart.
In this class Julie will teach you:
- overlay mosaic crochet technique
- reading a mosaic crochet chart
- how to secure your ends
- how to create an envelope border that will enclose all your ends with no weaving in!
- 10:30am-12:30pm Morning Session (foundation, chart reading, working the sample)
- 12:30pm-1:30pm Lunch on your own
- 1:30pm-4:30pm Afternoon Session (review and envelope border)
Materials Needed (must be purchased at Yarnability):
- Pattern: Sholach Mosaic Christmas Trees available to purchase on Ravelry. Bring your copy of the pattern to class.
- Yarn: 1 skein of Jewelspun by Sirdar and 1 skein of Worsted weight solid color yarn – Perfection Worsted or Encore Worsted
- Hooks: US H (5.0mm) and US I (5.5mm) hooks
- Notions: 10-12 locking stitch markers, scissors, darning needle
- Class participants MUST be able to Independently chain stitch, single crochet, and double crochet.
Saturday July 16 Sold out!
Wednesday July 20 2 spaces left!
This class has a 4 student minimum and a 6 student maximum. If less than 4 students are registered, the class will be cancelled. Store policy for class cancellations is located under Classes FAQ located here