Fun with Yarn – A KAL!
Have you looked around your stash lately and noticed you have a variety of yarns, but you don’t know what you will do with it? Let’s combine it all to create a one-of-a-kind sweater – you choose: basic pullover or cardigan!
For THIS KAL only – Schedule a time (prior to the class date) to bring in your stash yarn and we will help you blend it together to create the right fabric and gauge.
Join me at Yarnability for a sweater KAL. At a gauge of 3.5 sts per inch, this project makes for a cozy quick knit with colorful results! Both sweaters are knit from the top down with raglan sleeves, one piece, and no seaming! Whether this is your first sweater or 100th sweater, it is a fun project to watch the colors emerge.
KAL Dates and Times:
- Saturdays February 11, 25 and March 11 at 2pm-4pm
If you choose to purchase yarn for this project instead of using stash yarn, you will receive 20% discount off your project yarn sale.
Homework: Purchase your pattern, bring to class. Gauge swatch and be ready to cast-on during the first class.
- Pullover pattern: The Stay Pull We chose a worsted weight wool held together with a strand of bright and fun crazy zauberball for a fantastic marled effect. This pattern offers multiple suggestions for yarn weights to be held together to achieve gauge.
- Cardigan pattern: Ann Cardigan We chose thick and thin, colorful and textured Bamboo Bloom for our shop sample. If you want to achieve a stripe effect without the texture, grab 9-10 balls of Deluxe Superwash Worsted weight yarn in lots of colors. We will hold strands double to achieve gauge.
Bulky weight with gauge of 3.5 sts/inch (14 sts/4″)
- Check your pattern! US 8-10.5 circular needles (16″and 32″) depending upon gauge.
- Stitch markers
- stitch holders or spare yarn to hold sleeve stitches
Class fee and registration: $100 covers class fee. Sign up Here!