Half of the year is already passed, and the countdown to Christmas begins…
Join me at Yarnability to knit a classic striped holiday stocking. Universal Yarns has just released their own worsted weight self-striping sock yarn in a holiday colorway! This is an easy and fast stocking because the yarn does most of the work! Thrill your family and friends with handknit stockings this year.
This basic stocking pattern can be easily altered to change length, stitches, and cuff. If you’ve ever wanted to knit socks, this is a great introduction class as you will learn the same techniques for sock knitting (on a larger scale).
Materials Needed: Must be purchased at Yarnability
- Pattern: Deluxe Stripes Holiday Stocking: Included in class
- Yarn: 1 skein Deluxe Stripes and 1 skein Deluxe Worsted
- Needles: US 8/16″ circular or your preferred method of knitting in the round, DPNS or magic loop for toe
- Notions: stitch markers, scissors, yarn needle
- how to knit a double (foldover) cuff
- how to create a heel using short rows
- how to pick up stitches
- kitchener stitch
Students must be able to knit and purl independently. Prior experience working in the round is beneficial.
Homework: Cast on 52 stitches with Deluxe Worsted, join in the round, knit 4 inches.
Class Dates: 2 part Class: July 23 and 30 at 2pm-4pm
Register: Sign Up for Class Here!