It’s an MKAL for May!
Warmer weather has finally arrived, so you know what that means—it’s time to cast on a new knit! What better way to celebrate the changing seasons than with a little mystery knit-a-long?
Hosted by Brown Sheep Company, they are excited to share this project because not only is it a gorgeous, versatile knit for spring and summer, it also inaugurates the newest feature on the Brown Sheep website—Spinning Yarns! A new online space for the crafting community, Spinning Yarns will be home to all the MKAL details, from sharing photos to asking questions to posting finished mystery knits.
Designed by Stefanie Goodwin-Ritter, the mystery knit is a triangular shawl featuring soothing garter stitch and easy slipped stitch details. Knit in 3 different colors, the shawl sports beautiful colorwork details, so you’ll want to aim for hues with good contrast. The result is an ultra-wearable, versatile accessory.
- Yarn: 3 skeins of Prairie Spun DK
- Needles: US 8 circular needles, 32″ or longer (the shawl is worked flat, but the longer needle will accommodate the large number of stitches)
- Gauge: 18.5 stitches & 38 rows = 4″ in garter stitch
- Notions: 4 stitch markers
There will be 4 clues in total. Participants will receive the first clue by email on April 27. The following clues will then be issued on a weekly basis every Tuesday. Remember to share pictures of progress and the finished shawl with the hashtag #BrownSheepMKAL2021 to be eligible to win the prize!
At the end of the MKAL, 2 participants who used Prairie Spun DK for their mystery knit will be chosen to receive 4 skeins of either Cotton Fleece or Synchrony.
Knitters must join Spinning Yarns and post a photo of their finished Prairie Spun DK shawl to the Mystery Knit-a-Long Group with the hashtag #BrownSheepMKAL2021 to be eligible to win. Participants are encouraged to post photos of their finished shawl with #BrownSheepMKAL2021 on Instagram and Facebook for additional entries!
- Coral Reef – Coral Rose, Half & Half, Damselfly
- Blackberry Bramble – Rain Cloud, Honeycomb, Coneflower
- Morning Mist – Rain Cloud, Misty Mountain, Huckleberry Pie
- Fox Hollow – Anaheim Pepper, Reclaimed Wood, Parchment
Call or Stop by Yarnability to get your colorways and cast on for the Brown Sheep Company MKAL.